So I've just been lucky enough to get a wonderland trail permit for this coming July. Super excited, been wanting to do this loop for years but never got lucky enough in the old permit system and live too far away to chance the walk up permits. There will be at least 3 of us and maybe 4 if my college daughter can't find an internship for the summer due to covid. We are all hammock campers and would perfer them over tenting but have many tents if needed. I've seen a few utube videos and researched this site too. Seems like some folks do use hammocks on the trail but most have expressed some difficulties depending on the sites and most are just doing 2 hammocks at a site. I contacted the park and asked them about hammocks and they said allowed but have to hang over the tent pads. That sure seems like it will make hanging 3-4 hammocks a real issue. We plan on bringing pads in case we have to go to ground and are considering putting the kids in a tent to reduce the risk of not having enough trees for the old folks (turning 60 on this hike!) to hang hammocks.

Any suggestions and insight I can get from those that have already done this amazing trail with hammocks would be greatly appreciated.