Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some input on a trip I'm planning with a buddy in late March at Allegheny National Forest. I'm fairly confident he can handle +10 miles per day, but I still want to use Day 1 of the trip to confirm that and leave Day 2 as a day I can adjust in our plan if needed. Currently I'm considering the following plan.

Day 1: Arrive on Friday around Noon and set out on the Minister Creek to the camp sites at the north end. That would give us the option to make camp or we could head East or West on the NCT for a couple extra miles and come back to camp later. I want to keep Day 1 fairly chill just to get a feel for what type of shape he is in.

Day 2: Finish Minister Creek and then drive up to the Morrison/RimRock loops and start those. Being we have two loops it gives me the ability to call the day short if needed.

Day 3: Finish up whatever section or the loops we were on and then drive down to Hector Falls if there is time and do a short in and out there.

For those that have been to ANF, are my trail selections decent ones for the area, or do you have other trails that you prefer and/or would recommend? It sounds like I could save the jumping from trail system to trail system and just do something like Tracy Ridge and vary the milage based on the loops there too.

Both of us mountain bike too so one goal I do have for this trip is to see what the terrain is like and if we are interested coming back in the future to ride there.

Any input you can provide on trail selection or parking or any other local knowledge is appreciated.

Breck