I recently received my JRB Greylock 4 and High Sierra Sniveller and had the chance to take them out this past weekend for their first outdoor hang.

I chose these quilts to make up my winter quilt set. I had noticed the Greylock 4 years ago in a Shug video and was impressed by the way it lofted up, so I kept it in mind for later purchase. The HSS was a choice based off of having the same rating as the Greylock 4 and being a JRB product I figured it would be a good match with the Greylock. Both quilts were in stock at JRB! In late January, no less...so this was a easy decision to make.

The stock dark olive color was a nice compliment to my Warbonnet Eldorado of similar color. This would be the hammock I would use for this first night out.

They fluffed up nicely after being compressed into stuff sacks. I was able to lay both sideways in the bottom of my ULA Ohm pack. I used a large and medium Warbonnet stuffsack for the HSS and Greylock, respectively.

The snaps on the HSS were strong and I didn’t pop any loose on the foot box during the night (I tend to move around a lot while sleeping) and the footbox was very accommodating for my feet and my inflatable REI seat pad that I was using as bottom insulation for the feet/lower legs.

The Greylock 4 was easy to adjust and I suffered no cold spots during the night. The quilt stayed at my shoulder well. I enjoy the cord locks that were installed at the corners to act as a secondary suspension to help with the accordion effect and kept the quilt nice and snug against me.

Slept very warm with this combo! Granted, I wasn’t near the zero-degree rating of these quilts but I am typically a cold-sleeper and I woke up fewer times during the night with this set. I blame the comfort of this set for oversleeping, and getting out of camp later than I wanted!

Very satisfied customer, and look forward to taking these down to their limits on many more winter hangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk