Hello all, hope you're having a relaxaed + safe holiday experience. I am going to make a separate introduction post to rave about my appreciation for my new Chameleon and Thunderfly setup as well as all the knowledge I've gained this year from this community.
~~~
However- I'm currently pretty frustrated about my insulation situation. I asked my mom to get me an underquilt and/or topquilt for Christmas, and she got me both from Outdoor Vitals after I saw them recommended by Derek Hanson and they were the only company I saw that looked good quality and didn't have a long shipping delay. I pulled them out of their sacks, shook them a bit and hung them up to loft. While I am an amateur at both camping and hammocks, even I can tell the results after an hour are...not great. There are several patches of the quilts that are so thin the light shines through them, and the thickest areas are still only like an inch tall. They are both supposed to be a 15-degree rating. I am really bummed out because I was excited to use the whole setup soon. And now that I'm reading reviews on that company on this forum, I feel like an idiot for asking my mother to invest in this sub-par product. Trying to focus on enjoying family time right now and not cry. Those things were seriously expensive.
~~~
My question is this: When I contact Outdoor Vitals about the quality of quilts, should I request to fix/replace the quilts or just refund completely and buy from one of the reputable vendors like HG/similar? Either way it seems like I've been screwed out of camping for at least a couple months, especially if they drag their feet on refunding me. Please let me know what you think if you have any input- like I said I'm new to this so anything helps. Thank you!!!
~~~