Hi all, newbie hammock-er wannabe here with another question. I’ve been looking into a tarp in case I end up liking the hammock I ordered and would then be throwing more money at it. The next thing that would be a “must” for me would be a tarp. HOWEVER I am noticing all the tarps I’ve looked into only supply a tube of seam sealer, which I believe requires the buyer to waterproof the seams themself. Is this correct? If so, why would a tarp maker go through all the trouble of sewing a product together and leave one of the most important details to the end user? Why not just sell a bunch of material and ask the user to put the dad gum thing together him (or her) self? Are there any tarps that come already sealed? I am not the artsy crafty type and can see this being a major disaster. When I was researching dyneema tents I chose the tarptent stratosphire LI because it already came seam sealed over a less expensive one. I would pay a bit more to have it done for me. Why do you all put up with it?
And thanks for the links for shuga’s videos, (dang spell correct I still get k-pop videos if I don’t watch out). But that juggling is kinda creepy. Will sleeping in a hammock be a signal to carny types? Will I wake up with some sort of talisman under the hammock in the morning?