Quote Originally Posted by Off Trail View Post
Thanks for that; and here I would have just thrown the dang thing in there and got in it who knew there was more than one way to get into a sleeping bag?!
Why don’t hammock makers have attachment points for top quilts? My quilt has straps that attach to the sleeping pad (as I believe they all do) so why not make use of them? Would having loops of fabric inside the hammock be scratchy or some other annoying property? Like the Princess and the Pea, do you notice every projection and attachment digging in to you while you sleep?
This is where the underquilt comes into play. The underquilt will come up the sides of the hammock. The top quilt just needs to be on top of you at that point, but you can tuck it in if you get cold. In my normal Florida hammock camping, I just drape the top quilt on me. If I get cold, I'll snap the neck end and tighten up the draft collar and tuck it in.

With the quilt straps, I always ran them under my sleeping pad so I wasn't laying directly on them. In a hammock, you'd just be on them. I probably wouldn't notice them. I lose my corded headphones all the time and find I'm usually laying on them. The lowest point in the hammock is around your butt so stuff tends to slide down to there.