So, Oregon is having some of the nastiest forest fires Ive seen in 34 years of living here. The entire sky is literally red/ orange over my house - clearly this is the apocalypse we've all come to expect from 2020. I live west of Portland and had a trip planned for Waldo Lake in a couple days. That means driving dirrectly through the affected areas which have all kinds of closed hwy's, not to mention it just isn't safe. Coastal towns are being evacuated due to air quality, so going west is no longer an option. I guess I'm looking at heading north!

Anyone want to share any cool spots for a 3 day backpacking trip in SW or central WA? I've camped ALL over Oregon and for some unknown reason, I haven't really checked out WA. Usually, I'd just spend a couple days looking up stuff on the internet, but I don't know the first thing about WA's back country (as far as trail heads and cool areas are concerned.) Is anybody willing to share some fun 2-3 day hikes? I'm more of a camper than a hiker so I am really only interested in putting 5-7 miles a day. If you don't want to out your favorite spot(s) on the internet, I totally get that... maybe just shoot me a PM, I can keep a secret

RIP Opal Creek Wilderness. There is a hike that has been on my bucket list for several years that has been devoured by forest fires over the last week.

Thanks in advance for any tips!