I was walking around the National Mall in Downtown Washington DC last week when I spotted this young lady just hanging around.

DC Hang 1.jpg

Those of you with eagle eyes and familiarity will recognize that slice of water in the background as the Reflecting Pool which spans the distance between the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument.

Being that this was a bit of an unusual sight on the Mall, and being that I was a fellow hanger, and being that the girl was cute, I approached her (cautiously so as not to startle her or make her think I was some kind of stalker), maintained a respectable social distance, and struck up a conversation. In particular, I asked ask about how she thought to pick this particular spot for a hang. Turns out that she was "working from home", like so many of us have had to do in recent months, and just couldn't stand the idea of working inside on such a beautiful day. I totally got it!

I mentioned my dalliances here on HF and thought that my fellow readers would get a kick out of seeing her downtown DC hang. I asked permission to take her picture and post for you all and she graciously allowed it.

BTW ... for those that don't know, the National Mall is actually part of the National Park Service and has most of the same policies, so hanging is perfectly acceptable. Keep that in mind for your next visit to our nation's capital.