Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mcimes View Post
    I looked at the 2QzQ and it looks like nothing special (construction wise i mean). Like billybob says, can you just use an old tarp or windblocker fabric and sew in some attachment points for an easy DIY piece of gear?
    You certainly can, but if using a tarp, it is a vapor barrier(VB), so you need to make sure you understand VB theory, or you will end up with a wet UQ from condensation. Although, if it hangs pretty loose under the quilt, you will probably get away with it. When I use a sil-nylon under cover with the HHSS, I always use another VB- a light space blanket - between myself and any insulation and that sil-nylon UC. this VB- being close to me and insulated from the outside cold, is kept fairly warm. Unlike the outside, un-insulated VB, which is very cold. And as we all know, condensation occurs on cold surfaces, not on warm.

I have a sil-ylon Poncho/UQP designed by WB for the WB RR bridge hammock. It connects to the spreader bars and seems to maintain an adequate distance between the UQP and the AHE Ridge Creek synthetic UQ, so that condensation is kept off of the UQ. But if the UQ was much thicker, I might need a space blanket inside of the UQ to avoid condensation.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 07-07-2020 at 09:51.

• + New Posts