Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images

Eldorado feedback for ex-Chameleon user

I have a Ridgerunner and mostly love it. I am a dedicated side sleeper and find the RR comfortable for that. Never could get really comfortable for sleeping in the Chameleon, between calf ridge, net in my face, yadda yadda.

The other plus on the RR side is the storage capacity of the saddlebags -- for puffy, down socks, headlamp, thermometer etc. The RR downsides to me are 1) the lack of a structural ridgeline for hanging things like a Luci light and 2) the enormous floppy Spindrift winter sock (I vastly preferred the sleek and effective vented topcover of my Chameleon).

So I'm considering trying the whole gathered end hammock thing again with an Eldorado. I am 5' 7" and 135 lbs. More backyard, car and canoe camping than backpacking. The Eldorado offers the option of the winter topcover which I like for my needs here in Canada near the Rocky Mountains.

Anybody have any experience with both hammocks to compare and contrast, or other advice? I was really looking seriously at the DH Sparrow as well, until I read a review that said it is very similar to the Chameleon. I love the Chameleon for lounging around and reading a book on a lazy afternoon, just not for sleeping overnight.
    Last edited by Canadark; 05-22-2020 at 12:15.

• + New Posts