Hey Everyone,

I'm super new to hammock camping, with only 1 setup and 2 nights of hanging so far with my new hennessy hammock. I didn't mind tying the lash knot the way hennessy recommends, but since I'm still learning I had to untie and retie the whole thing a few times for tweaking. I started looking into the vast array of suspension options but didn't really want to buy anything right away as I'm still learning and it seems like the hardware can add up quickly.

Anywho, I started brainstorming what I could accomplish with the 2 carabiners I already had and some knots and came up with the following system:

hennessy tree strap looped through itself on the sewn ends > marlin spike hitch with carabiner instead of toggle (I looked through one of the very long threads on here and found the correct way to tie this) >
taut line hitch tied from stock suspension rope which is hooked into the carabiner as well

IMG_20200420_143633[1].jpg

This should give me a wide range of adjustability on both sections.

I'm hoping to test this under load this weekend, but does anyone see any potential issues I might run into with this setup?

Thanks!