https://www.snugpak.com/outdoor/antarctic-mat

I'm not sure how well a synthetic insulation filled pad will work to insulate since its pretty much the opposite of an Underquilt that relies on loft, or a CCF pad that uses the density of the foam. The Snugpak Antarctica mat is drastically different. Here is a quote from the product page on the Snugpak website:

" In freezing weather, self‐inflating, rubber‐based mats often crack when rolled, and valves can freeze, rendering them useless. The Antarctic mat uses only sleeping bag insulation to prevent heat loss, so no need to worry about anything cracking or freezing.

The Antarctic mat utilises a layer of sleeping bag insulation to prevent convective heat loss between your body and the ground. Any perspiration that is wicked away from your sleeping bag will also wick through to the bottom of the mat, leaving your sleeping bag dry.

The UK made Antarctic mat uses our exclusive Softie Premier insulation, the same insulation we use in all of our UK made sleeping bags. "

I've never used a pad in temps low enough that it could possibly fail, is this a thing? When my Antarctica mat arrives I definitely plan on testing it both on the ground and in a hammock to see if maybe it's designed in such a way as to prevent the insulation from being crushed, if it's maybe a property of the Softie Premier insulation itself, or if it's totally useless and insulates little to none. It seems like it would be good to use with an inflatable pad to boost its rating maybe? Or in a hammock at temps that require minimal insulation? I mean, Snugpak isan extremely popular and well known company in the UK & EU, would they make these claims and sell this product if it didn't work? In this age of global communications, wouldn't the word get out virtually immediately if it were a failed attempt?

IDK, what do you guys think : interesting or no way it works as advertised ? I figured that if it works I'll keep it , but if I try it and it's junk I'll send it back so it's not a waste of money either way. I'll post a video review or pics + what my conclusions are as soon as it arrives from the UK and I can try it out for a night or two in a hammock and in either my Snugpak Ionosphere 1 person tent or Snugpak Stratosphere bivy. Thoughts? Comments? Physics lesson on thermodynamics? lol.