Greetings fellow hammockers! I’m looking to get a new hammock (probably Dutchware Chameleon) to replace my trusty old WBBB that my teenager has claimed as his own, and I’m thoroughly confused about some of the new tree strap options.

My background and needs:
- I’m knot a not guy. Not a knot. Knot a guy? Dammit, been watching too many Shug videos and my brain is scrambled.
- I am a light weight backpacker but not quite a gram weenie, so weight is definitely a deciding factor for me.
- I’ve used buckles (too heavy for me), marlin spike hitch & whoopie slings, (works well for me), and the older Dutch buckle that replaces a marlin spike hitch (also works well for me).

I’ve been looking at several options from Dutchware:
- UHMWPE straps
? Compatible with Spider buckles or other straps?

- Spider Web 1.5
? Not compatible with any buckles, but could use w/whoopie slings
? Durability
? UV resistance
? Something about they get crinkly and need to be rolled for storage

- Spider/Poly Straps
? Seems like pretty standard tree straps that I’ve been using, just maybe a tad bit lighter

- Kevlar 3.3
? UV deteriorates its strength and causes color change... doesn’t seem like that great of an option unless you replace them every year or so

What else am I missing? I’m leaning towards the Spider Web 1.5 but surprised that I couldn’t find many long term reviews of those straps.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk