Hey everyone,

So I just got a new quilt. My first down quilt, so very exciting after hearing so much about it.

Here are the specs:
  • Hammock Gear Premium Burrow 30
  • Outer Dark Olive 10D
  • Inner Black 10D
  • Long
  • Wide
  • Sewn footbox
  • 950 down fill
  • Standard fill

After testing it a bit I had a few thoughts. So as you can see it's extra wide and long, which is really nice because I sometimes go tent camping as well. I have used my Snugpak top quilt for a while now, but that one is synthetic and rather heavy. I bought the Burrow for 200 dollars second hand. Not sure if this was a good deal but seeing as a new one is almost twice that I'm satisfied with that price. The Snugpak quilt is rather warm and doesn't need to be fluffed up to start using it. And the material seems more heavy duty. I was a bit afraid of tearing the 10D material at first, because it's so thin and soft. I tried to fluff the down as much a possible, but there always seems to be a spot that's see through. And that gets cold. The Snugpak quilt is made of one sheet of synthetic material and so does not have this problem. I'm worried I will need to keep fluffing up the down to keep me warm during the night.

So while I'm happy with the weight and quality of the quilt, I'm not sure if it was an upgrade for my sleeping system.
Maybe I should have gotten a 20 degree quilt instead.
When it gets closer to 30 degrees I'm not sure which quilt I should bring with me.