Folks, here is my recent addition to my SLD Trail Winder UQ collection thanks to Jared. I’ve gone synthetic and although I like down... I’m just not a fan of worrying about getting it wet and clumpy; which, is no fun on a cold night.

So the standard Asym TWUQ, in my opinion, is great and I’m a fan of the no fiddle factor. Additionally, i’m a fan of the climashield insulation as well because I don’t have to baby it as much as I would with down.

This particular Trail Winder Symmetrical UQ is about 33 oz or 2 lbs in weight but it is the winter 7.5 oz apex climashield rated at 10 F degrees UQ. It works in much the same way as the Asym UQ but you can lay in any direction that you want at anytime without any fiddle factor.

It is th 9ft length and I install it on my 11 ft hammocks. The Apex Climashield coverage width is about 51” and length is about 67”. The fabric in this case is Black Ion (Argon is slightly lighter and cost more). Currently, it is not an option on his site and by request only; but, Jared said he may consider adding it as an option if more folks keep asking about it.

I’ve yet to take it into the deep woods for a cold night hang; but, at 33 F degrees in my backyard testing (as soon as I got off work once I heard UPS delivered to my door) I’ve found it is warm in any crazy lay I tried.

Essentially in my opinion, this is a good option for folks:
- That don’t know what their preferred lay direction is yet
- Who prefer to side sleep or attempt to sleep closer to their belly
- That may have apnea and need to change directions
- Who have wide hammocks and can’t get a normal UQ to stay put
- Who have cold or very wide shoulders
- Who get elbow cramps and constantly move their arms at night
- Who want to lay whatever way they want to lay
- Folks who toss and turn all night long

**This is not a good option for gram counting ultra light folks but rather for people willing to trade or sacrifice weight for a luxury nights sleep.**

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk