I posted a little about this in the vapor barrier thread, but gotta mention it here and figure things out. I'm not sure why, but only since last winter has my TQ been getting wet on the top/outside when below freezing.

This past weekend was a good example.

-38° high, 25° low. I'd guess 5 mph wind.
-Superfly tarp hung at a reasonable level in porch mode. Doors open.
-20° TQ and UQ
-Wearing very thin long underwear bottoms and top
-Fleece beanie on head
-Medium thickness wool socks
-Sleeping from about 9pm to 7am
-Basic gathered end hammock with 1.6 Argon
-I had a "frost bib" around my neck and flipped up over to cover my face. So basically a layer of t-shirt material over my face. It was soaked and froze solid in areas away from my mouth and nose.

When I woke up around 6am to pee on a tree, I felt the TQ and it was very wet. Some spots even began to freeze. I wiped it down the best I could with an extra sock and went back to bed. It's usually only the mid section between my chest to knees. I wasn't sweating at all and never felt too warm. Certainly not cold.

I really wish I brought my vapor barrier liner to test again. That's the only other solution I can think of.

Or is this fairly common and something I just deal with as "normal"? I just don't remember it so much in the past 7 years of hanging. I'm not sure if it's my breath, body vapor, or a combination of both.