Hello everyone,

Just got into hammocking recently and now I'm trying to absorb any and all new info I can. Purchased The Ultimate Hang 2 already so I'll be giving that a read soon enough. Honestly I'm just here looking for others in the area who might wanna do a group hang or show me their hammock set ups before I pull the trigger on my new setup. I've fully embraced the "buy once, cry once" mentality so I'm literally jotting down notes everyday on different pieces of gear so I can make one large purchase and start hammock camping with success.

Shout out to Shug and Sintax77, I've been enjoying your youtube videos thoroughly. I actually think Sintax might live close enough that if given the chance I'd like to reach out and see if I can check out his gear.

Got started in the hobby by watching youtube videos on hiking info after doing my first backpacking trip about 6 months ago or so on the AT starting on the Delaware Water Gap and ending at Buttermilk Falls. About a month ago I did a solo trip to Worthington State park where I proceeded to hike the exact same section of the trail (complete accident) and have my first overnight in a hammock. The night temps dropped down to 39 that night and it was rainy. It most certainly didn't help that I set up my hammock in complete darkness. A live and learn experience.

Currently using a kammock roo double I got from REI. Hung it in my bedroom 2.5 weeks ago and have only slept in my bed 2 nights since haha

Planning on getting a blackbird xlc, but slightly worried that I haven't had the opportunity to sleep in an asym hammock yet. Luckily I prefer a standard head left feet right, so that keeps my options open.

If anyone in the area is planning on doing a overnight mid week, let me know.

-Steve