Hey everyone,

I'm experimenting with different suspensions and I also just got a double ended stuff sack. I have been trying to settle on how I want my storage and setup to go. I'm wondering if folks are interested in chiming in on what they do and the benefits. I know this can feel a bit like a tiny point but I like learning from the community even on such micro things as fine tuning setup.

Since getting my new setup, I have only gone on one trip so far with no rain, but I've hung in a park dozens of times. Here's what I've been thinking.

Storing suspension inside double ended stuff sack with the hammock
Benefits: This has been the fastest way to setup. I have dutch clips allowing me to pull one side of suspension out, hang it from the tree, and then walk it out of the sack as I get to the second tree. I can almost do this one handed. The downside is that if they are wet, I now need to store them separately. If my suspension doesn't detach easily that's a pain.

Storing suspension separately.
Benefits: If it's raining, I won't get my hammock wet, this is pretty big. I haven't experienced it yet but I know that if it pours, sticking my hammock in wet when it didn't need to be would be pretty bad. I mean sure it's a hammock, it can get drenched and be fine. But I wouldn't want to bring extra moisture into my pack if it can be avoided.

Do both.
Have a suspension that is going to stat connected to the hammock but come off relatively easily. If it's sunny out, put the suspension into the double ended stuff sack for easy setup next time. If the straps are wet, remove them and store them in the outer mesh pocket for the day.

What do you do?