[QUOTE=Clisbyclark;1984427]Bottom line, IIRC, was that he had no issues with his down quilts but if he were to do it over again, he'd probably carry along an Underquilt Protector...

@Clisbyclark - Thanks for the link. I watched Frozen's adventures on the AT - great info, seems like a good dude, and his "Big 3" video contributed to going down the path of synthetic v. down for my spring/summer UQ. Well...also one of my shake-down hikes, Caratunk to Monson (ME). On the last morning of my hike I woke up to a patchy, but heavy dew/fog and everything was covered by moisture - the forest was beautiful! My winter/20* down UQ was not soaked/compromised, but I wondered what would happen if this situation would repeat for several days in a row (thinking spring months in Georgia, NC and Virginia).

One thing I can share from that hiking experience...my UQ was 4.2 oz heavier after that hike, as compared to when I last weighed it (in prep for my hike). I assume the 4.2 'extra' oz came from dew, sweat, body funk, or ???? Dunno...