We have recently moved a new house and left behind a swing set that our kids loved and the perfect trees I used to hang my hammock. The new yard has some trees, but they really don’t work for hanging my hammock.

So, I got to thinking today that I might could kill two birds with one stone if I built a swing set frame that was long enough and strong enough to support me in a hammock as well.

There are kits like this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Eastern-Jungl...dp/B003DK1RRE/. Or
I could probably build something without a kit. I’ve seen some posts on the forums about people using their kid’s swing sets this way, but want to be sure it’s safe before I go that route for myself.

So I guess I’m looking for opinions and advice of any kind. Whether that be, “Not a good idea.” Or, “Here’s how I’d do it.”

Also, I know I could build a stand specifically for hanging the hammock. BUT... that will score me no brownie points with the wife and just continue to confirm to her that I am crazy. And, I’ll still have to build/buy a swing set.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help any of you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk