Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
I don't own the Eldorado but I had the same problem early on in my hanging career. I solved it by lowering the foot end to the point where it was @ 12" higher than the head end. (it was @ 26" high before) I think what happened was my head was being forced into the "V" of the gathered end putting pressure on the side of my head, causing me to use my neck muscles to fight off the compressing of the "V". When I lowered the foot end and was able to slide down a bit more into the hammock sweet spot this solved the issue.
I'm going to resurrect this thread as it helped heaps last night while I was suffering in my new hammock.
I really thought I had it dialed in before I went camping yesterday but for an annoying 4 hours I could not get comfortable due to neck and shoulder pain.
I tried different pillows, I tried changing the foot end height and changing the SRL length to change the sag. The straps were 30degrees and at the right height. Changed the firmness of the air mattress. It was getting pretty frustrating.
But after reading ylnfrt's comment I think I worked it out and was finally able to get to sleep (it might of just been exhaustion though so I'll try again later).

I've got a Sky Bed Bug Free with the pocket that securely holds an sleeping pad. The fixed location of that pad kind of indicates where your head and feet should go so I kept trying to stay in that position. I also saw some info from warbonnet that stuck in my brain about keeping the foot end up and sleeping towards the head end of the hammock. So I kept trying to push my body up towards the head end which caused my shoulder and head to fight against the side of the hammock. So I finally just ended up sliding down into the hammock so my feet were hanging off the end of the air mattress and I felt like I was in the centre of the hammock. It felt MUCH better, my shoulders had room and my head could sit comfortably without being pushed/twisted over - didn't even need a pillow. I guess this is just the reason why you have to practice as there is no hard science to these things.