I'm new to hammock camping, and have been researching my first hammock (that wasn't borrowed).
Before you ask, I'm 6'2 and 315lbs. which immediately narrows many off-the-shelf options. I figured that I would do my homework and get it right the first time. After all, it's an expensive decision...

Hennessey Jungle Safari Zip XXL
I was originally considering the Hennessey Jungle Safari Zip XXL. I've tested some of the other models and felt quite comfortable. I really like that the entire system is all inclusive. It comes with the dual-layer hammock, zipped netting, rainfly, suspension, and stuff sack. It includes everything to get started in one bag.

Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
The more I researched Hennessey, the more people recommended the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC to replace their Hennessey Hammocks. Although it takes people a few nights to tweak the head-to-foot ratios just-right, everyone seems to love the storage shelf and the foot box that the net creates. Without the net zipped on, the hammock appears to be an above average symmetrical hammock. The patented shelf, foot box, and tie-out points that they've built into the net and overcover is where all of Warbonnet's magic is found. They also appear to have great underquilts that have been well thought out with their hammocks. Their Superfly has high reviews as well.

Dream Hammock Sparrow
The more I researched the Blackbird XLC, the more experienced hammocker's upgraded to the highly customizable Dream Hammocks. The Sparrow appears to be the one everyone compares the XLC to. The most common comments that I see refer to those who have, and often love, the Blackbird XLC after they've taken time learn to find that perfect sweet spot (by usually raising the foot level around 12"-18" above the head level). On the other hand, everyone seems to instantly get comfortable in the Dream Hammock Sparrow.

From everything I've learned, the perfect setup would put a Warbonnet net and overcover (with the build-in storage shelf) on a Dream Hammock Sparrow. Something tells me that's not going to happen. So far I'm favoring the Dream Hammock, although haven't actually tried either one yet. The Dream Hammock's past order photos are awesome for getting ideas and comparing what others have done for themselves.

Due to my lack of experience with each of these, I'm stuck with the different fabrics.
- What is the difference between the 1.6oz HyperD and HyperD-XL?
- Should I pick a preferred width or choose 'Wide As Possible'?

Please let comment with your feedback or details I should consider.