I'm very new to hammocking (only slept twice in in my backyard so far) and I've been looking around for some summer TQ options, including both MYOG or purchased gear. I live in Texas and tend to backpack and camp in the Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas areas. I'm primarily looking for something lighter than my EE 30-degree Revelation (17.3 oz) when I don't need the warmth. I'm struggling to find something significantly lighter for the warmer months. I know some people will say to just sleep in clothes, but I really like the feel of having a sheet or quilt over me.

Quilt options I'm considering so far:
  • Costco Down Quilt, cut down in width, sew in a footbox, 12-14oz, $20+supplies
  • MYOG summer quilt (membrane10 or argon67 inner/outer + 2.5oz apex) ~12-13 oz, ~$40-$50
  • EE Apex Revelation 50-degree, 11-12oz, $175

Are there lighter insulation materials for an even lighter top quilt/sheet? I can't seem to find anyone who sells the ~1.8oz weight insulation.

For really warm weather I'm looking for a good sheet option. Silk sheets may be an option, but I was also thinking of making a sheet from Dutch's ION fabric (1 or 2 layers, not sure). I'd like to make a simple footbox even for the sheet, just so it stays in place better (I hate when I pull the sheet off my feet in the night).

What other options should I be considering? I'd like to save some weight for the spring/summer months.

PS. I currently have a HG 40-degree Econ Phoenix (3/4 length) underquilt for the warmer weather.

Thanks,

Tim