Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
Your idea of tethering the spreader tips to the hammock sounds like a big improvement!

I learned how to use the poles by reading all the guides and tips found on the PacerPole website. Lots of useful info there. There are several pages throughout the website, so be sure to check them all out if interested. The techniques are applicable to any kind of pole.
https://www.pacerpole.com/
They’re all under the various sections under Overview, How To Use, and FAQ

I agree that there are many more ideas worth testing in this space and many have crossed my mind while using it out on the trail.
Being a midwesterner... Cross country ski propulsion wasn't quite the foreign concept to me as it likely was to you if you grew up down south.

Yar, I recall discussing that with some folks along side the 'natural' running style debates for hiking. It's all interesting stuff for sure and was a hot topic of discussion for FKT/speed hikes/Ultra runners that still continues.

Though many do prefer the Teddy Roosevelt approach.

Reminds me often of Colin Fletcher's love of a stave, which he found handy if "he wanted to appear conspecific with a unicorn should he by chance encounter one"