So in 2017 (Black Friday sale) I ordered a set of overstuffed zero degree quilts (Carolina Reaper & Ghost Pepper) from George. I received them around June or July of 2018 and have had to wait until last weekend to try them out. The wait was killing me. I bought my wife a set of quilts that were not LL (a sin I know) due to available funds this winter and she was to test her 20°F quilts out. The tarps were up, the hammocks hung, a slight rain was starting, and the temp fell to 35°F . It was originally supposed to be 25°F or colder and snowing but mother nature changed that on us. I figured it to be a good test for a 20°F UQ and 15°F TQ.

My wife went to bed before me and began shivering when the temp was only at 47°F. I asked her what the problem area was but this being only her second time out with quilts I didn't get a decisive answer. I told her to go lay in my hammock and I would figure it out....as in... I would lay in HER hammock for a few minutes and see if I could identify the issue. I messed up lol. Five minutes in my LL quilts and she was out cold. She didn't emerge hardly at all in the proceeding days since the weather took a turn for the worse. I figured out the issue with her quilts...the hard way lol.

She says to tell George "Thank you for the Evil Brown Monster"! That being my coyote brown quilts lol. They apparently sucked her in and wouldn't let go in the cold according to her lol. I have yet to test my set in the cold thanks to this "test". Fortunately she asked if they come in blue and I am now obliged to buy her a set which of course was already on my list. I simply have her approval now. For now I can only say that they work well but I need to get out again and try this for myself Thanks for saving my weekend George. A miserable wife would make for a long trip

While I did figure out what was wrong with her quilts and I did not freeze to death (I could have been warmer) I can honestly say that the main issue was simple. They were not LL quilts !