Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I’ve used the Tensa solo with great success while motorcycle trekking as well as in desert environments. However, I would recommend buying these titanium ground stakes to use in rocky or hard-packed ground:

TITO High Strength Titanium alloy tent stakes Tent pegs nail pegs for canopy camping tent DIA 8mm and Length 240mm only 56G (8x300mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRX9J6V..._AZQHCbQ2CTPV0

The titanium stakes are 12” x 0.25” and are INDUSTRUCTABLE. The orange plastic screws that comes with Tensa are good for sand or soft ground, but not so good for super hard ground.

Here are a couple of recent photos of the Tensa in use:

[AIMG]Attachment 173378[/AIMG]

Attachment 173380
    I bought a set of those TiTo stakes. Make sure to get the 12" ones. I haven't had a chance to use them, but they do look good. When we come out with the Carbon Fiber trekking/hammock poles these are stakes we might include. I'll be camping and hiking with the first prototype CF Trekking in a couple of weeks.

For grins and giggles the first prototype did NOT pass the 305# test - but the specs are being revised. This would go faster if the new Tensa4 tarp extensions weren't flying off my shelf faster than I can ship them. Not that Todd or I am complaining.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Just got my Tensa solo, but one question that the instructions do not address. Where doe the little 2 inch section of pipe go? I have been playing wit it for 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

https://imgur.com/a/ViSPCXY
    Last edited by univtex34; 04-19-2019 at 13:24.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    That is most likely a spacer to keep the #2 button from getting dislodged. Not required. But the #2 spring button in the hole and then insert into the #2 pole (#1 is largest, #5 is the smallest).
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Black Bird XLC, Chameleon, Draumr
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Do you guys have any tips to share for setting this up by yourself? I got my brother to help me today but I was nervous about the the poles slipping and my ridge line was loose. Another question I had was about hammock suspension. Are you guys using continuous with a toggle, webbing, whoopie slings? If you have anything to share it would greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by mehyatink View Post
    Do you guys have any tips to share for setting this up by yourself? I got my brother to help me today but I was nervous about the the poles slipping and my ridge line was loose. Another question I had was about hammock suspension. Are you guys using continuous with a toggle, webbing, whoopie slings? If you have anything to share it would greatly appreciated.
    It’s fairly straightforward to set up one side, right? The trick is in getting the second side correctly spaced from the first.

Suggest setting up one side. Connect your hammock as directly as possible to the provided toggle, not using any suspension. Then walk out holding the hammock taut (assuming it has a ridgeline so the first side stays up. When you reach the end of the hammock, make a note of where the second pole will need to be to receive the end you are holding. Mark the ground directly below, where the second foot will be. Then let the hammock go, letting the first side collapse as you set up the second in the marked location.

Then simply lift and connect the 2 poles with the hammock, and tension the guylines to remove slack from the ridgeline.

With supports at 58” high, we assume most people will use no suspension, hooking the hammock’s end loops directly to the toggle loops off the poles, or adding at most a few inches of suspension for a lower head end.

Does that help? At what point are you running into trouble?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks! I got the first side setup but I didn't mark the ground on the second pole. So my spacing was a little lopsided. It held when I got in but I need to work on anchoring down my setup as they did slip some. I have a ridgeline and only continuous loops installed at the moment. I Looked at the pictures posted in another thread and noticed some users were using suspension, just wondered what was the benefit.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Thanks! I got the first side setup but I didn't mark the ground on the second pole. So my spacing was a little lopsided. It held when I got in but I need to work on anchoring down my setup as they did slip some. I have a ridgeline and only continuous loops installed at the moment. I Looked at the pictures posted in another thread and noticed some users were using suspension, just wondered what was the benefit.
    Users of sub-11’ hammocks would likely want at least some suspension, otherwise the hammock is likely to be too high.

When you say your setup slipped some, what slipped? It’s normal for things to slacken a bit after you first lay in the hammock, as all the components bed in. You can tension the guylines again to tame that slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Users of sub-11’ hammocks would likely want at least some suspension, otherwise the hammock is likely to be too high.

When you say your setup slipped some, what slipped? It’s normal for things to slacken a bit after you first lay in the hammock, as all the components bed in. You can tension the guylines again to tame that slack.

One of my stakes slipped. The ground in the backyard is hard so I couldn't try out the orange anchors. I bought a set of the Tito hammer-in stakes and use those for the first setup. One pulled backwards but didn't come out of the ground. I looked at some of your older videos on facebook and one Shug did to get some ideas one spreading out the force one stake.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    One of my stakes slipped. The ground in the backyard is hard so I couldn't try out the orange anchors. I bought a set of the Tito hammer-in stakes and use those for the first setup. One pulled backwards but didn't come out of the ground. I looked at some of your older videos on facebook and one Shug did to get some ideas one spreading out the force one stake.
    Within a couple months, knock wood, we should have available Boomshaka Anchors (cheesy name, right?) that add a boom to those ti nails to increase holding power greatly in ground too hard to sink the Orange Screws into. Nifty physics. Search “Alamosa anchors” for the concept.

--

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Lol, right I saw those on your site but they were sold out. Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast