I built a stand based on Mike Jones's build from Tensahedron's site:
https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/make-yo...ahedron-stand/

On my initial setup, it was really unstable, and I spent a while tweaking different suspension lengths before stepping back and thinking through the geometry. I know I saw some comments about how long to make poles or how wide to separate the bases, but it's tough to find those in these very long threads!

In a normal hammock setup, you have the heights at each end and the suspension lengths. On a tensahedron stand, you have the pole length, the suspension lengths, and the base separation. The first two are coupled through the base angle of the poles, so if you have a specific pole length and target a 90degree angle between the poles at either base point, the suspension lengths will be fully determined. The base separation is used to adjust the sit height.

So I put together an Excel sheet that calculates everything for you. This includes a dumbed down version of Derek Hansen's calculator with added information for the Tensahedron stand. A couple assumptions:
  • The poles at the two bases make a 90degree angle.
  • The hammock hang angle is 30degrees.
  • The target sit height is 18in.
  • The combined length of both hammock suspension lines is listed, and the recommended head end is 1/3 of the combined value, while the foot end is 2/3 of the combined value.

HammockCalculator.xlsx