Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
I'd rather use Amsteel soft shackle for the joints, like the commercial Tensa, but I'm out of Amsteel to make them, and anyway I'd want to protect the Amsteel against abrasion from the EMT: a wood dowel inside, drilled through along with EMT and the outside of the EMT hole rounded over with a rat-tail file? Add a ring of epoxy around the holes to cover the edges? Or some sort of rounded-edge grommets or thin tubes through the EMT holes that Amsteel won't cut through?

Has anyone solved this, maybe from bridge hammock suspensions onto drilled-through spreaders? Or am I worrying about Amsteel abrasion that with frequent inspection won't be an issue for a long time?
What I did was drill 1/2" hole in the EMT conduit, and then inserted 1/4" (inside diameter) PVC through the hole, leaving about 1/4" PVC sticking out both ends. Then, I melted the ends w/ a lighter until soft, and pressed on them with the back end of a spoon. This creates a nice smooth channel for the Amsteel, and the flared edges of the PVC completely covers the sharp edges of the holes drilled into the EMT conduit. I've had no issues w/ abrasion so far.