I'd like to start by thanking WV for posting his People's Bridge Hammock and updating the dimensions for side sleepers. I took his design and modified the dimensions a bit (consistent with his original ratios), added endcaps based on Hangnout's shock cord endcaps that also double as pockets, and added a partially sewn-on bugnet (zippers on the sides and the ends of the bugnet hang in the endcap pockets). The biggest change from WV's design was to use webbing directly sewn to the hammock body. I realize one of WV's design avoided webbing because of the difficulty of lining it up equally at both ends, but I think the endcap design takes care of this since there are common ends to measure against though you still need to sew the webbing on in stages.

The dimensions of the bridge are:
Head end: 52"
Foot end: 37.5"
Head end spreader bar: 36"
Foot end spreader bar: 25"
Length: 81" (though it ends up being about 80" when hung)
Center width: 28.5"

The hammock was made out of Dutch's Hexon 1.6, nano noseeum mesh, and camo webbing. The endcaps are supported using 1/16" shock cord. The zippers are #5 molded plastic zippers that are triple stitched to the sides of the hammock body.

Here are the results after several design iterations:

IMG_0003.jpg
All 4 endcaps before sewing a channel hem on the curve.

IMG_0009.jpg
The two endcaps prior to being sewn to the end of the hammock. You can see the channel sewn into the endcap.

IMG_0053.jpg
The hammock body laid out before sewing on the side zippers. You can see the double endcaps at the foot end of the hammock.

IMG_3067.jpg
The foot endcap/pocket with the end of the bugnet inside the pocket.

IMG_3061.jpg
Empty hammock with a Leighlo UQ.

IMG_3080.jpgIMG_3081.jpg
Hammock with someone in it.

The finished hammock weighs 1 lb, 4 oz including the suspension triangles (made of 7/64" Amsteel) and the ridgeline. The spreader bars weigh an additional 8.2 oz. I think I can get the hammock down to under 1 lb by using Argon 67 for the end caps, #3 coil zippers, and Dutch's new Spider 1.5 webbing.

I've only been able to test it for one night, but I was able to sleep comfortably on my side almost in more of a fetal position than my gathered end hammock while still being able to use my existing Leighlo UQ. I need to experiment with the design in colder weather to see how well my UQ seals underneath my knees. Unfortunately it only got down to 60 degrees when I tested the hammock the other day.