Now that the Frozen Butt hang is in the books; it is time to start planning the next adventure!

Brute's Goodwater Death March is next on my list, and I hope you add it to your list.

The Goodwater Loop is a hiking and biking trail that circles Lake Georgetown, it is between 26 and 28 miles. What is unique about this trip is that I will have my boat on the lake during the hike. This means you can slack pack on your hike, and then eat like a king in the evening! This will also allow you to try new gear with an option to bail out that is close and speedy.

The trail is not easy, it is typical hill country trail, not a lot of elevation, but many ankle turners, cacti, a little of a road march (across the dam) and usually plenty of wildlife. While it isn't easy, you do have the option to bail at any time.

I will post the details in later posts, but we will meet up at Camp Tejas on Friday morning, stay at Cedar Hollow that evening, then on to Russell Park on Saturday (yes, that's a long day) and then back to Tejas on Sunday.

We will be staying in Russell on Saturday night, I will reserve the camp sites ahead of time. Last year it was 20$ a person, this included all the food for the meals I prepare and the cost of covering the camp sites. I was a little short last year so let's say 25$ a person this year, and that will include drinks (non-alcoholic drinks that is). I will get your alcohol as well, just pay the extra it will cost and I will pick it up.

So who's in?