Quote Originally Posted by backy View Post
That's actually really interesting, I'm curious how many people this applies to? I'd also be interested in seeing the data on how it compares to a tent...
Quote Originally Posted by backy View Post
Do you think it might have to do with sleeping outside vs inside? Maybe fresh air helps sleep better? or something unaccounted like that?
Clearly you're a scientist who is wanting to account for all the possible variables. I'm joking and I don't mean that as a slight to you.

Pretty much 99% of us are aware of this "data" whether we have a fitbit, etc., or not, and would say it applies to all of us. But its kinda fun to look at and compare what you get at home vs. the hammock. In all fairness, some of it could be the outdoors, but then there are other things about the outdoors that might cause you to wake more, so I figure that's a bit of a wash. For me, I get significantly longer periods of sleep in between waking. At least one long period, much longer than at home, and its easier for me to get up and do what I need to do and then go back to sleep. Subsequently, the fitbit I've had for little over a year confirms the data already registered in my mind. Fun to look at, though.

There are other "scientific" reasons why presented data should be hypothesized on the hammock side of things, as opposed to whatever other variable could exist. Lots of other variables, for sure, only 1 direct one.

p.s. not a lot of us are going to have tent vs. hammock data to present, LOL; again, that data is engrained in my head as well.