I started hiking/trekking a few years ago. It took me quite a while to gather proper knowledge about campinggear and how to use it properly while staying lightweight and comfortable!
After messing around in getting comfortable with the gear i could/couldn`t afford, i became somewhat disappointed...
The price range i was able to afford didn`t fit my needs of comfort, especially when it came to tents,...so i quit!
Two years later a good friend of mine started to talk about staying dry and light-hiking using hammocks and tarps, wich i never took in account before.
When i figuered out wich setup theoretically fits my needs, the same problems i had with affordability occured...
At this point it was too late to quit a second time, because i got addicted to the idea of "hanging around" in the woods, and i started to compensate the lack of money by going "DIY"!
One month later i tested my first self-sewn hammock in the forests near my hometown(hagen in NRW) with suprisingly great success..., and the addiction went deeper.

The same year, after some overnighters/hikes with the above stated friend of mine, i grabbed his attention and provided him with my newest "inventions".
In return, he provided me with some good suggestions on hammocking, so the former "DIY" thing became a more serious "business" for me!
Some multiple day trips, custom "DIY-works", resonance and quite a lot of experience later, i decided to go much deeper in knowledge about hammocks and what people like on "hanging around".

All the nice youtube stuff about hang, suspensions, driplines, tarps, shelter-systems and "secured sectors" has guided me here.
Now i`m here! ...to gather more ideas and to share my little pool of experience with people who are "true hangarounds"!

Btw.: my english isn`t the best, but it`s getting better! ...hope so...