I searched forum but couldnt find exact info on fabric mechanical properties, mainly Tensile strength and elongation of different fabrics. This is not something hard to obtain, and I guess Tensile test like the one shown here should be normally provided by fabric vendors, especially those who are involved in development of certain fabrics like RBTR is (I think). Another interesting data from Tensile test would be Modulus of Elasticity (even better diagram force-elongation) that would tell us about elasticity of fabrics (or how stretchy fabric is). I guess tests like that are not expensive and can be done quickly.

It would be so nice if we could have those data on few most used hammock fabrics: HyperD, Robic, Ripstop Nylon, Silpoly, Silnylon...

Why am asking for this? While we can determine those characteristics for various fabrics from experience, numbers are exact and gives us basis for apple-to-apple comparison.

Another reason am interested in this: am pretty good at 3D modeling and I would try to model a 3d-shaped hammock that should be extremely comfortable, that modeling would probably include local fabric stretch. It sounds complicated, and it is, but that idea is in my head for a while and I would give it a try.