Hi all

So after looking around for a long time, I finally decided to go for one of Brian's acclaimed "MacCat Deluxe Silpro" tarps. I purchased the tarp on June 6th and it cleared on my bank statement later that day, 166$ that I'm worried was ill spent. I did not receive any kind of receipt, order confirmation, or tracking number, which was supposed to come immediately, according to the website. This worried me a little, but I would just wait it out. So a week passes by and still nothing. I send Brian an email letting him know that I never received an order confirmation and was wondering if it actually went through to him or not. Of course, knowing the horror stories of OES customer service, I didn't expect anything back anytime soon. Another 2 weeks passes by. Nothing. No reply, and no receipt. I email him again, explaining that I understand that he may be busy, but if he could just email me back it would be greatly appreciated. I still haven't heard anything back from him. Does anybody have another way of contacting him? I knew his customer service is bad, but this seems borderline illegal. There have already been so many times I would have loved to gone backpacking with that tarp this summer.