One of the nice things about life in the Southeast is how plentiful the water is most years. Unfortunately for those of us who like to do things outdoors, the water often comes in the form of torrential rainfall as half the Gulf of Mexico dumps on your head. The type of rain where you have to pull your car over because you can't see to drive and the wipers at high don't even matter. While we try to plan around the weather, weather happens when you're camping.

Two questions: 1) Tips for hammocking in torrential rain/bad storms? (Hammock/tarp camping specific - I've tent camped plenty and know about widowmakers, not camping in a flood plain when it's gonna rain, etc.)

2) For myself, I have a Noah's 12 that I plan to batten down in bad weather, but hubby is now interested in ditching his tent and swaying to sleep. (Yay!) He seems most interested in a hex tarp, (neither of us thinks a tiny diamond tarp would work in our weather,) but I'm unconvinced that he can stay dry under anything without something door-like. Opinions, experience, etc?