I am new to hanging and am now preparing for a late March/early April backpacking trip on the Manistee River Trail here in Michigan.
It is still too early to predict weather and after reading quite a bit here and watching Shug's reviews, I finally made the decision to get a 4-season underquilt. I chose the JRB Greylock 4 and should get it in time for the trip.
I have also upgraded suspension to whoopie slings with whoopie hooks and replaced the stock rope tie off at the end of my hammock with endless loops. I also fabricated a couple of tree straps and have toggles for marlinespike knots.
I plan to use my closed cell foam seat for under my calves and feet and my down sleeping bag for an overquilt. I have a sil poly tarp that I need to rig suspension for, but otherwise, I think I have my bases covered.
Does anyone else have suspension suggestions for a 12' Noah's tarp? I was thinking about using the 2/3 points on opposite sides to hang it at an angle to provide more coverage over my lay. I will have tracking poles if needed to create a porch.

Thanks again all for the inspiration!

-Mudges in Michigan!