Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AHE Potomac or HG Incubator

Hello. Mi name is Hugo, I'm from Ecuador. My first post. Please pardon me if this was previously asked by someone else. I have already done some research and now want some additional input in case I'm not considering something well enough before I purchase the UQ.

Like the title says, I'm trying to choose between buying an Arrowhead-Equipment KAQ Potomac (4 season) or a HammockGear Incubator (0 deg). It's for a HennessyHammock Backpacker. To be used in temps around 20 F with very heavy winds and moderate rain. Also, I move a lot in the hammock and like to sleep in a diagonal lay to get as flat as possible or sometimes sleep on my side. By the way, I'm about 5'7.

Here are the pros and cons I see in them:

Potomac (239.99 usd + shipping):
    -Seems more carefree. Don't have to worrry as much about how to wash it, getting it wet, taking care of it in general.
    -Heavier and bulkier. (still not sure if its that much heavier and bulkier, though. I'm not much of a gram weenie.)
    -Seems to work well even if using the hammocks tie outs (I love using the tie outs)
    -Shorter shipping times
    -Seems to be designed in a way that might not work so well with other hammocks.
    -Will need an underquiltprotector.
    -Climashield doesn't shift.

Incubator (284 usd + shipping):
    -Down seems much more difficult to take care of. Specially concerned with the washing and avoiding down from shifting.
    -Lighter and packs smaller.
    -Doesn't seem to work well using the hammocks tie outs (I love using the tie outs)
    -Shipping times might be long.
    -Seems better designed to work with other hammocks. (I have other hammocks, but HH is my main one)
    -Will need an underquiltprotector.
    -Down shifts and leaks.

I'm sure I'm missing on other details. Could anyone help me out further? What else should I consider? Could someone provide the exact weight of the 4 season potomac? Any help I will be thanked!

NOTE: I'm leaning towards the Potomac (saves me some money and worries), but I can't deny how attracted I feel toward the Incubator. I don't only want a good insulation, I want to be able to be comfortable, toss and turn, and still be comfortable and warm but I don't know which would be better in this case.
    It appears that both are equally comfortable, that both will provide the insulation I need even if I'm a side sleeper. But it seems the Potomac would be better for a toss and turn sleeper in a hennessyhammock. So this gives it an advantege, but the weight and bulk could change my mind, too.
    Last edited by cosi.mo; 12-31-2016 at 22:42.

• + New Posts