EGL Winter 2017 Line Up: "Gearing Up" and "Backcountry" Hangs

Before everyone gets wrapped up in the holiday season I wanted to put out an open invitation to all to join us on our annual "Gearing Up for Winter" at Valens Conservation Area north of Hamilton and for our Winter Back-country Hang on Crown land just southwest of Algonquin Park, both in Ontario. Over the years, Valens been a great chance to first meet up with old friends, make some new ones, compare gadgets and most importantly, eat like royalty. And to work off those extra pounds, we put that gear to the test in the field where this year I even hope to get some ice fishing in for speckled trout.

While the dates aren't carved in ice yet, and the actual date of the Backcountry Hang will be dependent upon ice conditions on site, let's tentatively say.

• Gearing Up: Jan 6-8, 2017 (Alternate Jan 13-15, 2017) - Food/Drink and Good Company
  • Backcountry: Feb 3-5, 2017 (early arrivals on Thurs 2nd) - All of the above plus ice fishing for specks.

So I hope that everyone has a joyous and safe holiday season and look forward to seeing you out there, freezing your *** off alongside the rest of us!

Happy Holidays!