Howdy, hammock-folk!

I'm joining y'all from the great state of Texas and have a few questions as I'm considering getting in to hanging.

I've been doing tons of reading and research, and watched many Shug videos, so I have a basic grasp on what my setup would be. But my dilemma is whether to invest in a new hammock set up, or get a lightweight tent like the REI Quarter Dome 1.

Cost is a concern, and it seems like the REI QD1 would win that battle, especially if I time the purchase during the 20% off coupon period or can find one at a Garage Sale.

If I go with a hammock system, I will buy from Dutch and probably get a Warbonnet Superfly.

My primary locations will be Texas (trips planned to Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains), Western US (Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Zion, Arches, etc.), PNW (Crater Lake, Ranier, Glacier). So it would need to fit all of those conditions.

Another issue is that I don't want to make any changes to my sleep system to keep costs down. My current set up is the Sierra Backcountry Bed, and I have a regular Klymit inflatable pad and the insulated version.

So I would love any advice from the experts here!