After a,,,,, Interesting trip or 6 with a heavily modified "Neo Tarp" from SG, I acquired some sil-nylon (Thanks Coffee) With plans on making my own tarp, cause, thought I "I know how to sew, pretty good.
I was so wrong,,, that's WRONG WRONG & WRONG! Thankfully, I has some spare to practice on. Yea, that was good enough to make a stuff sack or 3, but,,,, NO!

So, I called Teenage Brian at OES, "Dude, can you make me a tarp out of the Sil I got?" He agreed, I sent a letter with the tarp saying how big I would like it "12' to 12.5' long, & as wide as 2 pieces of material would allow. About a month later, I got a 13.5' X 10' Tarp with 12 (Plastic) D rings as tie out points & (I supplied) Figure 9s at the ridge line. It seemed as if it took me 10 minutes to get the tarp out of the package, it was SOOOO long I thought "OMG What did he send me???" So, I called him, Said He: "Yea, I had enough material, so I went for it! Try it out & if you don't like it, send it back & I'll shorten it!" So, out to the back yard, set up my tarp & hammock, spent the night. Called Brian about a week later (after a 3 day weekend trip, with rain) "YOU CAN'T HAVE MY TARP BACK EVER!!!!" That was nearly 10 years ago. I have since used my "Palace" as some of you have christened it probably 900 or more nights, sometimes (Stupidly I know) Left it up all day.
ALL of the seams / stitching are still nearly pristine looking, but due to all the use & sun my tarp has had, I must retire it from daily use. This makes me sadder than I had thought about a piece of gear, possibly you can imagine it, but It's hard. I will patch what I can & still use it on winter trips, , , ,
Oh, the stuff sack, made from the same material, from the same roll, gave up being usable over a year ago, but it was in the sun every time I hiked as it was in a pocket on the outside of my pack. So, as much as possible, keep your Nylon stuff out of the sun!

ANYWAY, I have ordered a new tarp from Brian, this time in my 2nd favorite color, Coyote Brown. I will take better care of this one, not leaving it up during the day & stuff like that. I figure that this tarp will last much longer as I now use a "Blue tarp" (green actually) from Ollie's at home.

So, my experience with OES: GREAT service, Over the top workmanship, & gear that will last a normal person 50 years.

FYI: I average over 100 nights in my hammock a year, outside,, year round.