Quote Originally Posted by Realstone View Post
Not to compete with the Shug Kool Aid thread, just a more targeted thread...

So I currently own four Hennessey hammocks, they're great but with a slooowly recovering frozen shoulder, I find sleeping in a gathered end hammock bunches my shoulders together and also forces my arms into positions that I find difficult to drift off in. A friend suggested the Amok and it really seems to be the answer. I'm committed to getting one. The only shortcoming IMO seems to be the cost for not-included sleeping pad (http://www.amokequipment.com/sleepingpads). I'm frugal by nature (my wife says there's a difference between frugal and cheap ), and I am reluctant to shell out $385 for a sleeping pad. Amok says that a cheap pool mattress will work, but all I could find was this one. Amok also suggests on their pad recommendation page that pool pads are "for relaxation usage", which I assume means "don't rely on these for backwoods applications".

So, I'm putting it out there, what have y'all discovered about sleeping pads in Amoks?
I didn't mention in my other reply but I kept googling and watching that down mat 9 and bought it on sale for like $179. Google is amazing for this purpose.