Quote Originally Posted by sanglin View Post
To anyone who has experience with both:
What are the major differences between a gathered end and an asym hammock design? Are the differences noticeable at all?

Also, to those who have experience with Dream Hammocks:
Being 6'2'' and having the option to customize the width of the hammock, does anyone have any recommendations on that? I was thinking somewhere around 60'' would be smart but having never been in one, it's hard to say.

Thanks again
No personal experience with an "asym" hammock design but the reality is it is the exact same thing as a gathered end hammock. The only difference is that an asym hammock will have tie outs you can stake out to promote an asymetrical lay in the hammock. You want to lay on the diagonal in any gathered end hammock so it's not so much a difference in the fabric as a way to open up the hammock. I like to swing in my hammock so I've never wanted to deal with staking out guy lines on an asym hammock but others really like them. There is an illustration that may help to show it better than my explanation if you scroll down the page on the following link. http://theultimatehang.com/2016/04/h...ym-zip-review/ He also goes into the explanation of an asym design somewhere in the review...

As far as hammock width is concerned, I'm 6'1" and am fine with a 60" width. Some prefer wider, but I like the view and find 60" sufficient to get a good diagonal lay.