I was excited to come home today to a package from MacEntyre - especially since I didn't expect it to arrive until Monday! Included in my order was a Shamu UQ and TQ. The MMG site says that both are good to just below freezing. I'll admit I am a little skeptical! I have a trip coming up in two weeks, and I expect the temp to drop to a low of around 35*. I'm hoping to be able to test it in the backyard before then. In the meantime, how many of you have actually used it that low?

I brought it out to the lake tonight to play with it, but it wasn't cold enough to get a good read on it. My weather app said it was 65*. The wind made it at least a bit chillier than that. When I would pull the UQ out from under me, I would have CBS in about 30 seconds. Pull it back, and I would warm up almost instantly. That's a great start, but not enough to let me know how low I can trust it.

I'm trying to stay away from laying on a pad - BTDT, don't want to anymore. Would simply putting a pad between the hammock and UQ guarantee insulation? Maybe a layer of Mylar or reflectix? Or maybe y'all will just tell me I'm crazy and need to just let Shamu do the job!

All-in-all, seems like a great product, well-made, and at a good price - whether or not it works well at freezing.