Hey everyone,

I'm new to hammocking and have been reading these forums for the past couple of months, and learning lots (thanks!). After buying a HH Explorer Deluxe and using it on about 5 different trips, I think I've got enough information to do my first mod: suspension.

My requirements are as follows:
a) As simple as possible, with no (or very few) knots, i.e prefer some kind of hardware based system
b) Must maintain the prusik attachments for the hex tarp. I do not want to run a separate line for the tarp
c) Weight is not a huge concern, but lighter is always better
d) I weigh 70kg (155lb) and am 183cm (6')

I've been considering 3 options, and would like any opinions, or suggestions on other systems that I may not have thought of:

1) Whoopie Slings. These do seem quite good, but I've had a hard time finding out how well they work using the stock prusik knots on the HH. It seems like I might have very limited adjustability in my tarp suspension?

2) Rapel rings. I like this system too, but the downside seems to be reliability with rope slipping or fraying. Or is this still a good solution with the right rope (ie rope that copes with with compression)?

3) CamJam XT. This is so far my favorite option. It maintains the prusik attachments, and seems very easy to adjust. The XT Large version has a working load limit of 227kg (500lb) and a breaking limit of 680kg (1500lb), which seems more than enough for my weight.

Thanks!