Howdy all.

I've done a fair amount of searching on this topic and have yet to find anything that hits the nail on the head. I'm wondering how those of you who do a lot of hammock camping over snow arrange your camping spot once you've got your hammock and tarp up. Where do you typically stash your boots overnight? If you've got a pack, where does that go? When you change clothes or get into a sleeping bag, do you just try to do that in the hammock or do you find a way to stand on the snow while you do this (like with a sheet of plastic or something)?

Context: I'm preparing for my first winter hang tomorrow night (and first overnight outdoor hang, really) and hope to glean some nuggets of wisdom from all the seasoned and experienced folks around here--whether directly related to the above questions or not.

Equipment: WBBB (double-layer 1.1) + Superfly + 20-degree 3/4 length Yeti + 0-degree mummy bag as a TQ + a piece or two of blue egg-crate foam padding from Walmart

Conditions: Hanging above a foot or two of snow on a forested mountain slope. Forecast is for a calm, clear night with lows somewhere in the 20s.