So I got a hammock Envy DL recently and had a chance to hang in it finally so here's my review on this really nice hammock.

The Envy I selected was the 10 footer. It comes with two different options one called the peak and the other is called the peekaboo. The difference between the two is the peak comes with a full cover that zips on and a bug net that also sips on however you can only have one or the other. It's a full zipper all the way around the hammock which integrates nicely to it. The peekaboo on the other hand has a solid cover that zips three quarters of the way around the hammock and then a bug net that zips up the rest of the way it also comes with a cover that I'm unclear whether it zips under or over the bug net or in place of the bug net to give your full cover over the hammock during winter. It also comes with a fixed ridgeline set at 83% of the total length of the hammock. You can order it with or without suspension there's a special code you enter for no suspension and that takes, I think, $18 off the price. The specs and manufacturer write-up are found here.

I chose the peak with no suspension as I already have my preferred suspension. I got a chance to use it on a hike I took with the outdoor wilderness ministry a couple of weekends ago. It was just an overnight but I got a chance to use it with an underquilt and woobie blanket for a top cover. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with the 11' model, but I am in no way upset about what I have. Laying in the Envy was very comfortable and I was able to sleep in two shifts of about 5 and 6 hours each. I'd have slept through the night, having turned off my Nook at about 8:10 PM 'cause I couldn't keep my eyes open. But being well past 55, the "midnight runs" struck and I had to go water the trees. Getting back in, I read some more until about 1:20 AM. I should also mention that dogs barking, cows lowing, and coyotes chattering were all loud enough to keep us all awake for quite a while. Even earplugs weren't much help. That said, I still slept quite well once I actually fell asleep.

I didn't need the winter cover as the temps were only going down to the low 50s upper 40s. I did however use the bugnet. Both it and the cover run on a single zipper track which runs the length of the outer perimeter of the Envy with a sort of squared off end point up near both ends of the hammock. The zipper is big enough to see, and runs smoothly without catching on fabric. The track ends are also fairly well located as they're very near the middle of one side. I can also say that it is very easy to enter and exit the Envy, and I never felt like I was going to go bottoms up, or wind up swinging wildly. I've got a peak bag that fits easily inside at one end and although it was just above my head, I didn't feel crowded by it. Both my UQ and my UQP easily fit on it and both cinched up really well. The Peak also comes with tie out points on both sides asymmetrically placed so that they're out of your way for entry and exit regardless of which end you make your head end. Hammeck also provides a goodly size hank of shock cord to do the tie outs. I took advantage and was happy with the seemingly extra amount of space I got. I will however be putting cord locks on both the tie outs to make them a bit easier to tighten down. That or replace it altogether with lash it or dyneema.

The only real complaint I have about the Envy Peak is the fixed ridgeline. David, my suggestion is to either ditch it, or offer a choice between fixed and adjustable. I'm definitely replacing the fixed with an adjustable one as I find with other hammocks, I often adjust the ridgeline either before each hang, or during it. Although the ridgeline was fixed, I didn't feel cramped or pressed in by the ends of the Envy. Still, the RL was harp string tight, and I wished I'd have been able to adjust it.

All in all, I really like this hammock and will most likely order one in 11' in the Peekaboo style (although I'm still tossing that around in my head). I would definitely recommend it.