Hammock
    WB XLC and RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    W. Logics and UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    For hammocks like the blackbird that have a footbox and a marked horizontal lay, do full length underquilts still work well? Was not sure of the fit on that type of hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Super Fly & HG
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie or Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    One of the main reasons I switched to quilts was condensation. I stay warm "enough" with a pad, but I prefer the lay of a gathered end without one. My Ridgerunner is actually a little more comfy with one. The condensation is the clincher for me though. Not that bad until it gets cooler, but that's exactly when I want to keep moisture to a minimum.

This will be my first winter since I started hanging, and I'm really looking forward to using my quilts.

Now, many people seem to use pads and never switch to quilts. That's cool too. HYOH definitely applies with most of this hobby. I've read where people have been using a pad and sleeping bag for years. That's great! The most important thing is to safely enjoy yourself. If it's making you happy, keep on keeping on. Just be safe, and have fun!
    Sorry not meaning to hijack the thread but the condensation you all are speaking of with the pads do u also get this if using pads on the "dare I say ground"?
    I thought about getting that pad with built-in pump when I go out west where trees are scarce but now am having second thoughts.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsnake View Post
    For hammocks like the blackbird that have a footbox and a marked horizontal lay, do full length underquilts still work well? Was not sure of the fit on that type of hammock.
    I have a Blackbird and I'm using a HG Incubator with it. I have no problems. The footbox is just a triangular cut piece of ripstop or netting that "cinches" the hammock body in the foot end. There is really no difference to any other hammock with an integrated net. It's not something that prevents an underquilt from "working".

Quote Originally Posted by kbajg View Post
    Sorry not meaning to hijack the thread but the condensation you all are speaking of with the pads do u also get this if using pads on the "dare I say ground"?
    I thought about getting that pad with built-in pump when I go out west where trees are scarce but now am having second thoughts.
    I get condensation to some degree when I use my pad on the ground. It's not that marked because the contact area of pad and body is not as large as when using a pad in the hammock. In the hammock, the pad kind of wraps around you. This traps more humidity.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12