HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH hex (heavy)
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    HH descender rings
    Images
    Most blinged hammock I've seen was Wawhiker'sin the video of his winter hot tent (with hammock and titanium wood stove)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5n...yAeuXq&index=7

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Micro Glammocking?

Last night our church had a campout on the back lawn and my son and I did not miss the chance to put up our hammocks. I say sleeping above ground is way more glamorous than an air mattress or cot.

camping by the Cross.jpg

The surroundings were not glitzy, and the only bling we had to show off was our new DIY UQs. But we had costco pizza and treats, the kids saw a movie, then we had a campfire, that would not be allowed in any public lands nearby (except a campsite firepit). In the morning we had coffee, juice, berries, bagels (and an electric toaster), and miniature muffins and cinnamon rolls. There was a bathroom with flush toilets and hot water in the sink.

I might have rather been alone with my son in a remote forest, but the friendship and food and convenience were great. We were gone less than 14 hours, whereas a longer trip would have not worked out this weekend (I know priorities need to be re-assessed).

This is not the glamping you can pay for at the San Diego Safari Park (they go for $140/person and up). Our Glammocking night cost us $10 for the family. My son ate at least that much in pizza.

Note that we were side by side with one of the bigger tents I've ever seen. Two (or is it 3) rooms and a queen sized air mattress that doubled as a kids bouncie. It looked not that much different in size and functionality from a blow up bouncie. I've left those days behind, and hang smug as a bug in my new Dutch hammock and DIY UQ. And the sunrise was nice too!

dutch diy uq.jpg

-Slbear

Would this count? I had this trailer built by a forum member here and will be picking it up in the next week or two when this job in Baton Rouge is completed. I had it built for when we wanted to take the kayaks out and when trees were not available or allowed. Like the beach for instance.

SAM_1283.jpg

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG 40 degree
    Suspension
    HH w/ garda hitch
    http://www.theranchatrockcreek.com/c...FSRp7AodJlsAjw

Click luxury camping to open the rates window, $900 per night. I think there is some confusion among a few of the posters here as to what glamping really is. Again not my idea of camping but it is what it is.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123