Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Videos - Insulated Bridge Hammock

I received the Cloud Bridge made by BER and modified it using principles from Grizz, so I now call it the GrizzBER Bridge. However, I also added substantial modifications of my own that give a more contoured shape and supply built-in bottom insulation. Here are two videos. Thanks to LDCakes for the camera work on the first one. I added the second to give a clearer view of the supplementary underquilt attachment and show how the shape fits the hammock when I'm in it. The hammock in the background in the first video is my insulated adjustable GE hammock with down supplementary UQ. Both the hammock insulating layer and the UQ were made using my triangulation method for mapping the curved shape of an occupied hammock (described elsewhere). I used the same method for the GrizzBER Bridge. It keeps the insulation layers to a uniform thickness and fits the hammock better (eliminating gaps, compressed insulation. and unnecessary distortion of the hammock bed).

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Always love to see what comes out of that laboratory in your head, WV!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Images
    Wow! Impressive, very interesting!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Nice set up WV, hope it keeps you warm.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Incredible. I've been working on something similar for a bridge, but since I don't own one, I'd have to make another for testing. I love watching your innovations. Thank you for inspiring me.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Several DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc. 20/Bur. 30
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Nice Job WV!
    No bridge hammock in my inventory yet but have been thinking about it. Maybe someday…..
    I didn’t understand the support part for your knees and the lover back. Was it overlap A or did you pull the fabric sideways out B?
    support.png
    I love the magnet idea. It has inspired me. I like integrated bug nets but come winter days it would be nice to add a Ripstop screen over it. I do not want to add a secondary zipper or Velcro so maybe the magnets idea could be used.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    and dont forget that magnets help with bloodflow or something...

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Nice Job WV!
    No bridge hammock in my inventory yet but have been thinking about it. Maybe someday…..
    I didn’t understand the support part for your knees and the lover back. Was it overlap A or did you pull the fabric sideways out B?
    support.png
    It was B. I pulled the fabric over to the tape on the catenary edge and sewed it. The knee ridge is the biggest. I think I shortened the width about an inch on each side there. The lower back doesn't need much adjustment to make a difference. Just roll the tape over once and sew on each side. I might have been able to do the knee ridge by rolling the edge a couple of times and sewing. It shouldn't be difficult to do this mod to any existing bridge hammock.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Glad this popped up again, missed it the first time, thanks for posting WV.

If it helps you any- I noticed the offset spreader bar works a bit like your gathered trick. Halfway through insulated bridge two-
    I cut out one "end"- I found my self drifting into a spot where my head is at the spreader bar and my feet all the way in the end cap, partly for the reason you noted, there is a little ridge there around the calf and the feet can fall away a bit. Very comfy and you can deepen the foot cap if you want even more depth. I like the ridge too because if you need to change position or roll over it gives you a "step" to push off of or to get your head back to the top. I curl up a bit sometimes on my side and it's handy to use that step to straighten out without needing to sit up or crawl out of my insulation to grab the channels.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Thanks, JB. I had started experimenting with Grizz's extensions past the spreader bars for just that reason, but unfortunately the hammock I was working on was an extra wide bridge with a diagonal strap from one head corner to the middle of the foot-end spreader. This was to create a separate compartment for my dog. I was nervously watching the uneven forces bend the foot spreader some, when there was a SNAP behind me, and I was on the ground (soft landing). The tip of my trekking pole (aka head spreader) had snapped off. No damage to the pole itself, fortunately, and a replacement tip has arrived and been installed, but further experiments will wait until the Thanksgiving company departs.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast