Need Help From Brian - Product Issue - Not Responding to Emails

Hi Brian - I'm hoping you'll respond here since we haven't heard from you via the numerous emails sent (see below).

My girlfriend (at my recommendation) ordered the 4-Season from OES/Brian. He was very responsive during the sales cycle, answering several questions and she received the tarp quickly, which is one of the reasons I recommended going with OES since the reviews here all indicated good product with quick turnaround.

Once the tarp arrived, that's where the problems started.

1) She ordered brown, she received green
    2) The material was mismatched (one side shiny, the other dull)
    3) She ordered the seam sealing, which was done. The problem was that it wasn't dry when it was repacked and was stuck together when she got it. (ultimately was able to separate it, but still)
    4) Ordered the guys lines. Brian said they were six feet (72 inches). When they arrived all were cut at 5'4" (64 inches). Again, not that big of a deal, but if you are going to advertise six feet, ship six feet. (my personal experience with vendors such as Dutch when ordering line, there is generally extra, not less).

She initially emailed Brian with the problems and the fact she was going on a backpacking trip that weekend.

Brian responded back that he would fix everything as it should be and to go ahead use the tarp for the upcoming trip and then ship it back when the new one arrived, which he would be send out promptly.

Since that last email (see the emails below if you are interested), she hasn't heard a word from Brian and he hasn't responded to any of her emails checking on the status.

Brian - if you are checking the forums, please respond back to her emails (Hopefully there aren't too many people you have sold too that have the problems she does) or respond back here. Either way, she just wants to get this resolved and get the tarp she paid for.
    Last edited by gmcttr; 09-29-2014 at 16:30. Reason: Removed Private Emails

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    First of all, if you recommended OES to your girlfriend, despite a long, documented history of customer service issues, then that's on you.
    Last edited by gmcttr; 09-29-2014 at 16:31. Reason: Removed reference to private emails
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Maybe at this point we can put to rest the notion that the OES quality is second to none? I mean, with all the negative that we've heard over the last few YEARS, there's always been this notion that it was just a small shop and he was bad about communicating, but MAN he could make a mean tarp! Well, I guess he's not the one making the tarps now?

There are simply too many very good tarp makers out there to put up with ANY risk like what you're going to take on with OES. Its a shame you were under the misconception that ALL recommendations here were positive. Its been years since that was the case.
    Last edited by gmcttr; 09-29-2014 at 16:32. Reason: Removed reference to private emails
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Good luck. Just don't forget you have your credit card services at your disposal should the issue not be resolved with the vendor.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20
    SageMon - I've responded to you both through email and PM. The wrong color tarp was an honest mistake (I had you marked down for a brown, not sure what happened there). The events after were due to a more serious issue that I had touched on previously, and I do absolutely hope that my follow up emails can fulfill my obligation as a seller and fellow hammock hanger. I'm upset that my "days-till-accident'"calendar has been reset, but I firmly believe in making it up to you.

- Brian

Brian - Sent you a PM Friday morning.
    Last edited by verysimple; 12-20-2014 at 09:55.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20
    VS - I'm just about to PM the USPS tracking info. Your tarp is going out this morning from the Cambridge MA main post office.

- Brian
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

got it - Thank you!

• + New Posts